ZIRCON GRADE A SAND PER 25KG
Zircon grade A sand (ZrSiO4) is a naturally occurring mineral, used in many strategic industries.
Iron and Steel – Used with chemical binders for high quality steel castings and for critical iron castings. It is also used in core and mould washes to improve surface finish.
Ceramics – Used as opacifier in glazes and frits to enhance resistance of the finished product against water, chemicals and abrasion and as a whitener in porcelain tiles.
Refractories – Used for its high thermal stability and non-wetability against molten metals. Products include bricks used to line steel making furnaces and casting channels for refined steel continuous castings.
Advantages of Using Zircon Sand:
- Resists metal penetration and reaction with most alloys
- Does not react with iron oxide = prevent sand burn on defects
- Low thermal expansion = expansion defects are eliminated
- Higher refractoriness than Silica
- Low acid demand value = can be used with all chemical binder systems
- Low binder requirement
- Reduced cleaning and machining
- High specific gravity and high thermal conductivity = castings cool faster than silica sand
This and its other properties are used in many industries:
- ceramic tiles
A rapidly growing sector for the use of zircon is the production of zirconium-based chemicals in the nuclear industry.
We offer Zircon Sand and Zircon Flour for all applications.